Saturday, August 1, 2015

Huntington Beach

Last weekend I did the typical summer in AZ trip and went over to California for the weekend with Dave and Robin. We flew from PHX to SNA on Friday night and then back on Sunday late afternoon.

Our original plan was to go to Universal Studios on Saturday, however, the Vans US Open of Surfing was right outside our hotel (literally). We decided to hang around it all day Saturday.

Lunch from nektar on the hotel patio Saturday afternoon.
I took a nice long nap on the beach and when I woke up this guy had built a sand castle tower - in case you can't read it, it says I am the Light of the world - Jesus.
Pre-dinner pictures on the pier on Saturday night.
Our ride for the weekend. We had rented an SUV, however, Budget was out of them so we got a free upgrade - Mustang convertible.
I love convertibles - especially in CA! Saturday night we went to dinner in Newport Beach at this place called Juliette - it was a farm to table restaurant so of course I enjoyed it.
Artsy picture of the Huntington Beach pier before my run on Sunday morning.

Sunday mid-morning we rented a surfboard. I had been on a board just twice prior and I need to get on more. SO. MUCH. FUN!
The view from the hotel room. We stayed at the Shorebreak Hotel, which is a Kimpton hotel brand. It was really nice. 
We went to lunch at Fashion Island on Sunday before heading back to the airport. I wish I was back in Cali now :)

No comments: