Thursday, July 11, 2019

Europe 2019 - Venice

We arrived in Venice and drove to the Marco Polo airport to drop off the car. Dave drove this car for a total of 1,200km.
Then it was a boat ride to Venice. I guess I really didn't know much about Venice because 1) I didn't realize you had to take a boat to get there and 2) it was a 1.5 hour boat ride!
We got checked into our Airbnb with a VERY thorough tour, and then ended up with this view for dinner.
We had been waiting our entire trip to have gelato in Venice - this was the first night (and actually the worst gelato of the trip).
This was the view that I woke up to on Monday morning.
We walked to the grocery store and cooked eggs for breakfast.
Indiana Jones...(which movie???)
Iced latte - I know you should drink Italian coffee hot but we walked almost a mile to get here and it was warm outside. A cold drink was nice.

Monday we spent the day at Lido beach. This was a different island of Venice so we took a ferry to get there. Also, my first time in the Adriatic Sea.
Walking to the restaurant for dinner Monday night.
Couldn't go to Italy and not eat pizza.
The view from Ponte di Rialto - the most famous bridge in Venice.

This is not a famous bridge, but one that we walked over multiple times since it was near our Airbnb.
Breakfast Tuesday morning.

The Ponte di Rialto during the day.
St. Marks Square - we did not tour this or anything...next time!
The Bridge of Sighs.
More gelato Tuesday afternoon. We walked quite a ways to find this place - it was the number one gelato on Venice. It was good, but didn't stand out to me compared to any of the other places we went (except for the first night of course).
Our final gelato stop of the trip on Tuesday night.




We left Venice early Wednesday morning, flew from Venice to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt to Phoenix.
I had Spargel again in the Frankfurt airport. I was really looking forward to this food so glad I found it at a couple of places.
Traveling makes me want to travel even more. Can't wait to be back in Europe again!

No comments: