Sunday, July 1, 2007

Ellis Island and Cafe Lalo

My plane in Oregon arrived in Phoenix at 8:10am on Sunday morning, June 24, and I had a flight out of Phoenix to JFK at 3:10pm. So, I went home, did laundry and packed again. Last week I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in midtown because I was here for work. Friday after work I picked up my luggage and took a cab to Lauren and Jason's on the Upper East Side. I left my luggage at their apartment and picked up a key and then took the subway to meet Jenn, Jena and Meghan in the West Village. We had yogurt at this really good place called Pinkberry. We waited in line for a good half hour.

Jenn, Me, Jena and Meghan at Pinkberry in the West Village
Pinkberry is very popular
I stayed at Jenn's on Friday night, but it was a full house. Brian and Michael were supposed to be out of town for a wedding, but their flight was cancelled on Thursday night. So, they stayed in their room, Jenn, Jena, Megan and myself were in Jenn's room and Brian's brother and girlfriend were on the couch/floor. That is 8 people in a little 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom NYC apartment. Saturday morning I snuck into Jenn's gym with her in order to take a shower and get ready and then we headed off to Ellis Island. This used to be an immigration island where they brought the immigrants to be checked out and determine if they could enter the U.S.

In line at Battery Park to go to Ellis Island
On the way to Ellis Island
Taking a picture by the sign (we actually went in and toured the museum too :)
Last night I stayed at Lauren and Jason's with their dog, Rooke. Lauren and Jason went to Long Island for the weekend, so I volunteered to watch Rooke. It actually worked out well since there are so many people at Jenn's. It took over an hour to get here because I missed my transfer on the subway (I was looking for 51st Street but really should have gotten off at the 53rd-Lexington stop) so I ended up at 23rd Street and had to wait for the downtown to come which took a very long time. Anyway, I made it here and took Rooke for a short walk. This morning I go up somewhat early and took Rooke to Central Park for about an hour and then I met up with Jenn and everyone else at Cafe Lalo. This was the Cafe where Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan met at in You've Got Mail. It was such a nice day and they had all the windows open. After Cafe Lalo we walked through Central Park to MoMA (Museum of Modern Art). I guess it was cool but art museums don't really do anything for me.

Cafe Lalo Sunday morning
Strawberry Field in Central Park
Now I am waiting for Lauren and Jason to get home and Lauren and I are going to Pinkberry :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

[this is good]

Ahhh HOW FUN! Pinkberry sounds so delicous right now. It is deathly hot here in AZ. You feel like you are getting a tan just by stepping outside. Thanks for sharing your cute pictures. Keep having fun!

Posted by: Bobby's Girl | 07/03/2007 at 05:40 PM

Kristin said...

[this is good] You crack me up with your play by play of the trip. But how could you not blog or post any pictures from our day spent shopping in China-Town!!!!!???? The comment from "Mr.No-Pictures!!!!!" was just classic! Come on, Kristin blog about that stuff ;-)

Posted by: Jennifer Paige | 07/05/2007 at 09:43 AM