Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Siphon Draw/Flat Iron Hike

Last Saturday, November 16th, I hiked the Siphon Draw trail to Flat Iron with the New City cross fit group (and others). After all my years of living and hiking in AZ I had never done this trail (or even knew it existed) so it was fun to explore this area of AZ.

The view from the start of the hike. It was actually a pretty cold day for November.
 The group - myself, Gabe, Gary, Jessica, Dave, Marianela, Crystal, Hugo, Kaitlin and Tre.

Had no idea there was anything even call the "Superstition Wilderness."

The girls

The guys

So pretty


There was quite a bit of cactus…especially close to the summit.
Made it to the top - it was freezing up there (mostly due to the clouds and wind).


The view of Flat Iron from the summit.
Gabe and I at the summit

The views were amazing
It was a 6-mile hike round trip and we made it up and down in about 4.5 hours. I would definitely do this hike again!

No comments: