Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Uriah James

On Wednesday June 4th, 2014 at 8:37am Uriah James Hiatt was born, weighing in at 8lbs, 2oz. I got the call from Kellyn and Coby at 11:31am on that day saying that I was now an aunt!

This was the first picture I received of him. I finished out the workday and went to the gym before going to Kellyn and Coby's since they wanted to get a nap in during the afternoon.
This was love at first sight.
Mom and Dad, aka Grandma and Grandpa.
The new parents and grandparents.
Uriah was the first grandchild on both sides of the family so everyone was pretty excited.
Family of 3.
I love little baby feet.
Being born is hard work.
Admiring their son.
I didn't want to give him up.
Kellyn did awesome…completely natural home birth.
These next 3 pictures are from the Saturday after he was born - I went and hung out at Kellyn and Coby's for about 4 hours that afternoon. And then I was back on Sunday night to cook them dinner…and hold Uriah some more.
Just lounging around.
A moment of perfection.
Uriah is a Hebrew name meaning Yahweh is my light. In the Old Testament Uriah was the name of a Hittite warrior in David's army. His middle name is James, which is his great grandfather's name (Coby's grandpa). If he follows in the footsteps of his namesake Papa Jim, Yahweh will be Uriah's light in life.

I am so in love with this baby boy.

No comments: