Monday, March 12, 2018

New Years Eve/Day 2018

This post is a little delayed, but as I have been scrapbooking 2008 (yes, you read that correctly) this blog has come in extremely handy. So, I decided I should catch up on some of the end of 2017 and early 2018 events, starting with the most recent first.

For New Years Eve, I went out to Dave's house. At Christmas he mentioned to his family something about a champagne picnic, and I commented that he had never taken me on a champagne picnic so that's what we did on New Years Eve. I got to his house and he had a picnic snack basket all prepared  with cheese, crackers, jam, strawberries, prosciutto, salami, etc. He also wrote me a nice New Years card too.
We went to Apache Wash Trailhead which is where we often hike on Sunday nights. We poured a glass of champagne and watched the sun set on 2017. We decided we shouldn't open bottles of champagne if it is just the two of us - we each had a glass and Dave ended up dumping the rest of the bottle a few days later.
After the picnic we stopped at Whole Foods to get some things for dinner - I made banana bread and we also had salmon and asparagus. We watched the east coast ball drop at 10pm, and I stayed a little longer but we were both tired. I was home and in bed just before midnight :)
On New Years Day we decided to try out the bike rentals that are scattered all around Scottsdale. We rode bikes for about an hour and then saw the movie Downsizing (would not recommend it).


It was a great couple of days and then it was back to work on Tuesday.

No comments: