Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Heart NY!

About a month ago I had a training in Montvale, NJ, so of course I would not pass up tagging on a weekend to NYC. After my plane was delayed for a couple of hours, I arrive in the city at about 9pm on Friday night. The subway station by Jenn's has an elevator, bit it was broken so I had to do the stairs with all of my luggage. I started up the stairs and didn't get very far because this homeless guy saw me and offered to carry my luggage up the stairs for me. I thanked him and told him I did not have any cash on me but would be back shortly. I walked to Jenn's apartment, dropped off my stuff and Jenn and I walked back to the subway to give the guy some cash (I bummed a few dollars off Jenn). We then went to a Thai restaurant in the Village and then to see Baby Mama.

Saturday morning we slept in a little and left Jenn's apartment around 11am. We ended up being gone all day and got back a little after midnight. We stopped in Jenn's neighborhood for bagels at Murray's Bagels, went shopping in Soho, went to South Street Seaport to buy Broadway tickets, walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, had lunch in DUMBO (Brooklyn), went to babycakes, went to Pinkberry (see previous posts), saw What Happens in Vegas and then went to The Hummus Place for dinner.

Ready to cross the bridge
It was a busy day
Brooklyn Bridge
babycakes - they had spelt cupcakes
We got caught in the rain on the way to dinner
On Sunday we slept in again, had breakfast in Jenn's neighborhood at Soy Luck Club and then went to see Mama Mia. That is the most fun Broadway Show I have seen. That would be one that I would definitely see again. After the show we got Pinkberry again and went to Whole Foods before the car picked me up to take me to Montvale.

Mamma Mia!
Just before we were arrested - JK :)
I am looking forward to going back in August for Jenn's 30th!

No comments: