Sunday, July 17, 2011

10k and Rockaway Beach

Last Saturday (July 9), I had signed up to run a 10k in Central Park with New York Road Runners. I was hoping to get more running in than I did prior to the race, but I ended up finishing with a time of 1 hour and 23 seconds, which is a 9:45/mile pace. This was a little faster than my half-marathon pace, so I was happy with the run.
After the run, I was just going to hang out at my apartment for the afternoon, but Jillian called and said that they were headed to Rockaway Beach if I wanted to go. I quickly got my beach stuff together and met the Nelson's at the 86th and Lex train station. Rockaway Beach is in Queens, almost at the end of the A train. For a portion of the ride, the train tracks are completely over the water.
At the beach...Joah fell asleep on the long subway ride.
Our first spot. We moved about 4 times throughout the afternoon because the waves kept getting too close.
The Nelson family - Jillian, John and Joah.
I love this kid!


The Cohen's also met up with us.
Joah and Azariah...two sweaty beach babies.
Their matching hats were so cute.
Joah loved climbing on my cooler.
Mike and John after we moved into a shady spot.
Beach days are always great. I came home from the beach, put in Blue Crush and called it an early night.

No comments: