Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kellyn's Trip to NYC

Kellyn came to NYC to visit me from June 29th to July 6th. We had a packed and fun-filled schedule while she was here, which included the following:

Mamma Mia on Broadway on Wednesday night. This was my third time seeing this show, and it was just as fun as the first.

On Thursday I left work a little early. We went to the Chelsea/West Village area, and our first stop was the Chelsea Market.
We also went in the Apple store.
And we walked on the High Line. This was a new part of the High Line...you could cool off and get your feet wet.
A good shot of the Empire State Building.

This was a new portion of the High Line that opened in the last year (it wasn't open at the end of last summer, which was the last time I was there).
On Friday morning, we woke up early to go to see Beyonce in the Good Morning America concert series. But, our 5:30am arrival time wasn't early enough. We stood in the overflow line for a little over an hour and we realized we weren't getting in. We heard that people started lining up 24 hours early for this concert. If I wanted to see Beyonce that bad, I would just buy a ticket to her concert. We came home and watched the concert on TV, and took a nap.
On Friday afternoon, we went down to Soho and walked around there, Washington Square Park and Union Square.
This is Washington Square Park.
On Friday night we went to the Mets-Yankees game at Citi Field with Lauren and Adam Midkiff, and Adam's brother, Drew.
Since Dave Hudgens is the hitting coach for the Mets, we get to pick up Mets player tickets.
Kellyn and I in our great seats.
Unfortunately, the Mets lost, but it was still a fun game. Below is Kellyn and I with Dave.
In order to go wait for Dave after the game in the Family Room, we had to wear bracelets that said No Photos, No Autographs - just so people wouldn't ask us :)
On Saturday we went with a group of friends from Trinity Grace to Long Beach on Long Island.
We played a best of 3 volleyball game...this team won the first game, my team won the second game, and then we got beat in the third.
Yeah team!
On Sunday morning we went to church. It was a rainy day so we decided to come home and take a nap. Otis didn't mind.
On Sunday afternoon, Kellyn was nice and went to Costco with me. We bought two bags of cat litter...a total of 84 pounds. Usually I will just buy one at a time, but with two people, it is easy to lift the cart on the bus and down the stairs of my apartment. So, I bought two bags to save me a trip. Those will last for about 5 months! Since it was still raining on Sunday night, we saw Larry Crowne at Lincon Center Theater. It was a good rainy day movie, but not one I would see again.
On Monday morning we went to the gym, and then walked around Central Park for a while.

Monday afternoon we headed down to the West Side Highway (we were at 41st Street) to see the Macy's Fireworks. This was my third year doing this.
A nice sunset while we were waiting for fireworks.
I really needed a tri-pod to get good pictures of the fireworks.

On Tuesday night we went to Athena Nails for a manicure and pedicure, and then Kellyn flew out on Wednesday morning.

1 comment:

Kellyn said...

It was a great week and definitely fun-filled. Thanks for having me visit!