Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rust Renion - Sunday, June 12 - Day 1

I started blogging about the reunion a few weeks ago, so I decided I should blog the rest of the trip. I left NYC for Grand Rapids, Michigan early on Sunday morning, June 12. I had a short layover in the Cincinnati airport (which I learned is not actually in Cincinnati, OH - rather, it is in northern Kentucky). This was my little plane for the short flight from CIN to GRR.
The rest of my family arrived in Michigan on Saturday night, so Mom and Dad picked me up from the airport. We made a stop at Costco in Grand Rapids to stock up on food for the week, and then we drove through Dad's old stomping grounds of Muskegon on our way to Ludington.

This was the house on Creston where Dad grew up. I had been here before...definitely in 1988 and maybe in 1994.
My Grandpa Lyle was in the TV business and built that antenna...I think everyone is surprised it is still standing.
Dad's high school.
Our first night at the reunion...the nightly volleyball has begun!

No comments: