Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter Sunday 2014

A few pics from Easter Sunday…

My day started with my alarm clock going off at 4:40am in order to get a hike up Squaw Peak in before church. I met Elizabeth at the mountain at 5am, and it turns out that is when the park ranger also gets there to open the gate. He was about 10 minutes late that morning, so there was a long line of cars waiting to get into the main parking lot. It was like Disneyland…everyone waiting to get on the mountain :)

At church we only had one service (usually there are a total of 4 each Sunday). In order to accommodate everyone, the service was held outside in the parking lot. It was neat to see everyone there at once…I heard that there were 1,200 people total. This is a panoramic picture Brian took from the podium before he did the message. 
 Elizabeth and I - we have gotten to know each other from our weekly 5:30am Squaw Peak hike. Usually we have 4 of us total, but 2 girls are on the DL right now.
Me, mom and Kellyn
A few more weeks until my nephew is here :)
Gina and I 
Faith and Bella
Trying to do a little creative photography
Mom then had the family over in the afternoon for dinner. I didn't get any pictures except for the egg hunt. 
Halle
Gage
The egg hiders - Coby, Kyle and Shane

All in all, a good day with family and friends, but missing 2 very important people in my life. Thankful for the meaning of Easter in that it gives me HOPE to see those people again.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks Kristin and what would we do without that HOPE? It was a good day.