Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have been thinking a lot today about how I spent my Thanksgiving in 2007 and I am so thankful that I was actually able to eat this year and have dinner with my family. Last year on Thanksgiving day, I don't think I really left the couch all day. I was so sick the week of Thanksgiving. The Tuesday before Thanksgiving, I was throwing up all day (that was my avacado incident) and I was at Dr. Deroin's getting IVs until almost 10pm at night. Last year at this time I weighed about 100 pounds and was maybe eating 500 calories a day. It's a good thing I didn't know it then, but I was still going to be very sick for three more months before surgery.
As much as I pray that I am never again as sick as I was in 2007, looking back I am thankful for those 5 months of being so sick. When I had my worst days, I thought that I would just be sick for the rest of my life. However, now I can point to that time in my life as a time where God's grace was CLEARLY evident. He has brought me from the point of being in so much pain where I didn't even care if I lived or died, to this year where I can actually eat and I feel good. So this year, I am thankful for every day that I wake up and I feel good. I never take any day for granted when my side doesn't hurt, because I know that the next day I may not feel so great (but even now if I don't feel 100% one day, it is nothing compared to October - February last year).
I Thessalonians 5:18 - In EVERYTHING give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

No comments: