Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Roasted Broccoli and Butternut Squash

I came up with this recipe idea after having something similar at a work training that I was at a few weeks ago. All you need for this is a butternut squash (I just use a half for each meal), some broccoli, olive oil and 2 garlic cloves.

First, cut the butternut squash in half. I then cut the half into fourths. Cover all the exposed squash with olive oil, and then put it in a baking pan in about 1/4" of water. I season is with ground ginger, salt and pepper. Bake it at 350 degrees until it is soft.
When the squash has about 20 minutes to go, I put the broccoli in the oven. I drizzle some olive oil over the broccoli and sprinkle the garlic cloves (I just cut them with a knife - I am sure you could do whatever you want with them - or not use garlic at all) over the broccoli.
Once the squash is tender, I cut it into chunks (it is really easy to cut at this point). Mix in the broccoli and eat up!

No comments: