Saturday, June 27, 2009

Brooke's Visit to NYC

Brooke, Kyle's girlfriend, spent the weekend of June 5-7 with me in NYC. She was working in upstate NY the week before and after. On Saturday, we were ALL OVER the city. We started the morning by going to H&H Bagels, then we went to South Street Seaport to the TKTS booth. We wanted to see Rock of Ages, but when we got to the window to buy the tickets that show only had limited view seats left. So, we chose Guys and Dolls instead.

We then walked out to the pier to see the Brooklyn Bridge.
Then it was to Wall Street. George Washington took the oath of office right by where the NYSE is now located - we each got a picture with George.

Then we walked by the Bull - there are no Bears :)
From there we went to Battery Park and the Statue of Liberty. Then it was to Union Square for lunch and then to the West Village for Magnolia Cupcakes. Then to 5th Ave - Tiffany was one of our stops and then we walked through Central Park back to my apartment.
We had about a half hour or so to relax at the apartment before we met Jenn in Times Square for dinner and the show. We just went to Better Burger for dinner - I love their soy burger and everything there is organic.

We saw Guys and Dolls at the Nederlander Theater - we all really liked it!

After the show we were dead tired and slept in Sunday morning. We went to this little cafe for breakfast, and then spent a few hours in the park (Central Park, that is).
This is Belvedere Castle.
That was the end of that weekend. I am getting ready for more visitors now - my mom and dad come on Tuesday for the 4th of July.

2 comments:

Janis said...

looks like a lot of fun--I am looking forward to another visit to NYC. Love you, Mom

B. said...

You DID take me all over on Saturday. Remember my pedometer read 28,887 steps! I typed it into a few calculators and it said anywhere from 12 to 14 miles. And it estimated we burned 1,000 calories! I'm not sure how accurate it is though. It was a great trip and I was able to see everything on my list. Thanks again for being such a good tour guide.