Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Brian and Sun's Visit - September 19 and 20 - Days 3 and 4

On Saturday morning we got up early (5:30am) and went to Rockefeller Center to try and get tickets for SNL that night. We researched on the website, made sure that there was going to be an SNL and figured out where we needed to be. Well, we got there, and there was no one in line - bad sign. We found a security guard and they said that the website was wrong and that the new SNL season started the next week - bummer!

Here we are at Rock Center with no one around.

They were filming the Saturday morning Today Show, so we stayed for that. We did make it on TV (Brian's parents saw us). I called my parents just before 7am AZ time to let them know to watch, but I guess the Today Show airs at like 5am in AZ on Saturdays. Oh well, maybe I can try again.
This is Lester Holt - he was one of the reporters that morning.

We decided to make the most of our early morning, and walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. I tried to get a good "jump" shot with the bridge in the background, but it didn't work out so well - this is the best picture, but you can't see the bridge :)


Brian being a homeless guy in Brooklyn.

Saturday afternoon we took a much needed long nap - it was so nice. We then got pizza for dinner, walked through Central Park and down 5th Ave. and then went to the West Village for a Magnolia cupcake. I forgot my camera for all of this, so will have to get pictures from Sun.

Sun and Otis on Saturday night.

Sunday was Sun's 30th birthday, and she wanted oysters for her birthday. We went back to Little Italy for the raw oysters (good thing the San Gennaro festival was going on when they were here!). Sun had oysters - Brian and I watched.

We walked through Central Park again and then Brian and Sun were off to the airport in the afternoon.


I always LOVE having people here :)

1 comment:

Mikele said...

Dude! The jump shot is the best! I sort of assumed it was just for me. I seriously need to look into tickets to see you.